是, 大臣第3季第1集
THE LAST FANTASY
-=破烂熊字幕组=-
翻译:achogogo 校对&时间轴:tpring
机会均等
就象我说的凯西首相想要我加入内阁
So, Kathy, the Prime Minister saw fit to invite one into the Cabinet 我就进来了
and, well, here one is.
责任很重大吧?
Isn't it a terrific responsibility?
依我看一个人选择毕生为公众服务
I suppose, if one chooses to dedicate one's life to public service,
就要担起这份责任
responsibility is something one accepts.
权力很大啊我知道我知道
But all this power! I know, I know!
有时让人受宠若惊但又让人谦卑自省
Frightening sometimes. But it also makes one very humble.
一旦坐在首相府内阁会议桌前顿时发现...
Sits at the Cabinet table, Number 10 Downing Street and realises 伯纳打电话来谦卑的人
Bernard rang, O humble one.
下议院要你看BBC二台
Central House want you to watch a programme on BBC2.
莫琳沃金国会议员后座议员之一
Maureen Watkins, MP. One of the backbench MPs.
我不太喜欢她整天喊女权算了我不看别写进去
A rampaging feminist. I wont bother. Don't write that down.
我喜欢她您不觉得女性仍然是弱势体?
I like her. Don't you think that women are still the exploited sex?
我们全班都觉得女性在单位被剥削在家被剥削
All of us in 5B think that women are exploited at work and at home 整个社会被男性主导运行男性为所欲为
it's a world designed and run by men for men's convenience.
就象她说的现在肯定不会了
Like SHE says. Not any longer, surely?
她在下院没分量当然那被男人占据了
She doesn't carry any weight in the House. No, it's full of men.
多谢了安妮还要问什么吗? 最后一个问题
Thank you. Anything else you'd like to ask? Just one last question. 作为执掌大权的大臣您有什么个人成就?
As a minister, what have you personally achieved?
成就? 很多啦
Achieved? Oh, well, all sorts of things.
枢密院席位党内政策委员会...
Membership of the Privy Council, the Party
不你做的实事有惠于人民的
No, things you've done that makes life better for other people.
有惠于? 对
Makes life better? Yes.
其他人? 当然有很多了
For other people? There must be a number of things.
这就是职责所在嘛一天18个小时没有双休日
That's what one's job is all about. 18 hours a day, 7 days a week. 可以举个事例吗?
Could you give me examples?
不然写出来很无聊的事例
Makes it a bit boring otherwise. Examples.
不知道从哪说起太多政府的协同决策了
Where to start. So much of government is collective decisions.
我们聚到一起整个国家最出的头脑策力
All of us together, best minds in the country, hammering it out.
sort of things什么意思但什么让你回想往事的时候骄傲的说"我做的"
But what will you look back on afterwards and say "I did that."
就象作家回顾自己的作品一样
You know, like a writer can look at his books.
政府是个精密的机器人们各执一词
Government is a complex business people have to have their say. 都需要时间罗马不是一天建成的...是现在吗?
Take time. Rome wasn't built in a day. Is that the time?
我得看电视节目失陪了
I really must be getting my boxes. Excuse me.
谢谢非常感谢
Oh, thank you. Thank you so much.
跟你聊天真有意思写出来给我审阅一下可以吗?
Such fun this little talk. Let me approve the article, as we agreed? 拜拜
Bye. Bye.
小大人
Bright kid.
再也不接受校报采访了她问的问题太难了
Last interview for a school magazine. She asked difficult questions. 只是天真而已她觉得你凭良心做事
She assumed there was some moral basis to your activities.
当然了喔吉姆别傻了!
Well, there is. Oh, Jim, don't be silly!
你叹什么气?
What are you sighing for?
我没叹气
I'm not sighing.
说来听听我有什么成就? 她问得对
Out with it. Well, what have I achieved? She's right.
你还真谦卑起来啦我一条法案都没通过
It really does make you humble! I can't get any bills through.
还有两年就要卸任了改革公务员系统
The time's taken up for the next two years. Reform the Civil Service. 不可能的是个怪圈为什么
Impossible. Catch 22. Why?
就算我提出50条重大改革谁来实施它们?
I suggested 50 terrific reforms, who would have to implement them? 公务员系统
(BOTH) The Civil Service.
这样我跟你说
All right, I tell you what.
不要50个改革一个就够了
Not 50 reforms, just one.
哼什么?
Huh! What?
完成一项重大改革你就很了不起了
If you achieve one import reform, that'd be something.
我会载入史册你有什么建议?
Get me in the record books! What do you suggest?
多提拔女性进入高层
Make them put more women into top jobs.
女性占人口的一半也应该占常任秘书的一半
Half the population Should be half the Permanent Secretaries.
高层有多少女性? 不是很多
How many women are there at the top? Not many.
机会均等
Equal opportunities.
值得一试不管怎样这是原则问题
I'll have a go. After all, there's a principle at stake.
你要全凭原则做一些实事?
You're going to do something out of pure principle?
对喔吉姆
Yes. Oh, Jim.
原则问题最刺激选票
Principles are excellent vote winners.
我们什么都不用做? 不用第一第二段有误
We don't have to do anything? No. Paragraphs 1 and 2 are wrong. 其他都规定好了不能改
And all the other points are covered.
我不需要做决定还不用道歉
I don't have to make a decision. I don't even have to apologise.
能帮我拟一份回复吗? 已经完成了
Can you do a reply for me? Done it.
太好了你这样的副秘书怎么这么少呢?
Fantastic. Why don't they make more Under-Secretaries like you? 还有别的事吗大臣? 没了
Anything else, Minister? No.
告诉我莎拉高级公务员里有多少位女性?
How many women are there at the top of the Civil Service?
常任秘书里没有150位常务副秘书里有4位
No Permanent Secretaries. Four out of 150 Deputy Secretaries.
你这一级副秘书里呢? 27位女性
What about your grade? Under-Secretary? There are 27 of us.
好像还可以一共多少人? 578人
Doesn't sound too bad. Out of how many? 578.
太不像话了你没想法吗? 还行吧觉得很滑稽
But that's appalling! Aren't you appalled? I find it comic.
不过公务员工作本来就滑稽男人控制的嘛
But then I find most of the Civil Service comic. It's run by men
你能做什么我能做什么?
What can you? What can I do?
您说真的大臣? 对
Are you serious, Minister? Yes.
很简单把各行各业的精英女性招进来
Bring top women from the professions, Straight into the top grades. 工资高假期长养老金会有出人选的
The pay is good for women. You'd get high-quality applicants.
他们能胜任? 当然能
And they could do the job? Of course.
恕我直言一个报业议员可以晋升大臣
With respect, if you can make a journalist MP into a minister,
高级律师怎么就不能当副秘书?
why not make a partner from a legal firm into an Under-Secretary? 再说了这的工作两个初中文凭就可以胜任
Most of the work here only needs about two O-levels, anyway.
有道理莎拉十分感谢谢谢大臣
Good point. Sarah, thank you very much. Thank you, Minister.
你叫我大臣? 伯纳莎拉告诉我...
You rang, Minister? Bernard,
什么大臣? 没人的时候就叫我吉姆
Yes, Minister? I wish you'd call me Jim when we're alone.
我会记住的大臣
Oh, I'll try to remember that, Minister.
莎拉告诉我这个申诉没道理
Sarah tells me this complaint is nonsense.
很好我们可以CGSM了它CGSM?
Oh, fine. So we can CGSM it. CGSM?
公务员术语意思是"老年鞋厂委托书"
Civil service code. Consignment of Geriatric Shoe Manufacturers. 一大堆无用功大臣
Load of old cobblers, Minister.
我不是公务员我有我的术语我写"转圜否决"
I shall use my own code. I shall write "round objects".
大臣您要讨论员工问题?
Ah, Minister, you wanted a word about staffing?
没错汉弗莱早安伯纳
Yes, Humphrey. Morning, Bernard.
我制订了一项新政
I've made a policy decision.
我要在公务员中女性数量上做文章
I'm going to change the number of women in the Civil Service.
反正数量也不多
Surely there aren't all that many.
问题就在这里大臣觉得要多招一些
That's my point. The Minister thinks we need more.
多招很多很多?
Many more. More?
打字员清洁工茶点工都满员了你觉得呢伯纳?
We're up to establishment on typists and tea ladies. Any ideas?
我们临时秘书人手不够我在说常任秘书
Short on temporary secretaries. I'm talking Permanent Secretaries. 常任... 需要一批女官(又意甜橙)
< We need female mandarins.
那是无籽芦柑大臣
Sort of satsumas, Minister.
坐下好吗伯纳
Sit down, will you, Bernard.
常任秘书有多少人? 41个
How many Permanent Secretaries are there? 41, I believe.
其中有多少女性呢? 呃基本上说...
And how many of those are women? Well,
手上没有数据我不好说
Not having the figures to hand, I'm not sure.
大约呢大约...没有
Approximately. none.
没有我们有大约150位副秘书多少女性?