3.(更不用说把它搬到楼上了)much less could he carry it upstairs
4.(更不用说跟他谈话了)much less have I spoken to him
5.(更不用说大量的阅读自己学科以外的东西了) much less to read a lot outside of it
汉译英1.她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。She wouldn't take a drink, much less would she stay for dinner.
2.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth.
3.这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week?
4.他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy.
5.这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。Such measures are likely to result in the improv
less is more 翻译ement of work efficiency.
6.我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。Wehavealready poureda lotof time andenergy into theproject,so we have to carry on.
英译汉1. I don't think that he would commit robbery, much less would he commit violent robbery.我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了。
2. Men earn ten dollars an hour on average, whereas women only seven dollars.男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工每小时才7美元。
3. Once the balance in nature is disturbed, it will result in a number of possible unforeseeable effects.自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响。
4. The final examination is close at hand; you'd better spend more time reading.期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书。
5. What is interesting is that consumers find it increasingly difficult to identify the nationality
of certain brands. This is duepartly to globalization and partly to changes in the location of production.有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国。
其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化。
6. A recent survey showed that women account for 40 percent of the total workforce.最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%。
完形填空(moreoften)(when)(further)(theleastof)(how)(nothingbut)(whereas)(conduct)(justhowmany)(when)(offending)(impolite)(interaction)(increasingly)(give back)
Unit 2
选词填空BillJohnson’(rejected)(involved)(commitment)(exemplify)(appreciate)(perfect)(claiming)(hostile)(encouraged)(remarked)
补充完整1. (我也不觉得有这个必要)nor do I think it necessary to do so
2. (他们也不会去我妹妹家)nor would they go to my sister’s
3. (我们也没有他的电话号码)nor do we have her telephone number
4. (我也不想马上去工作)Nor would I like to go to work immediately
5. (我也不会)now would I
汉译英1.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。Despitethefactthatsheistheonlychildinherfamily,sheisneverbabiedby her parents.
2.迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give anexplanation.
3.坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he isby no means a great writer.
4.他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses.
5.经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。The manager needs
an assistant that he can count on to take careof problems in his absence.
6.这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience.英译汉1. They persisted in carrying out the project despite the fact that it had proved unworkable at the very beginning.尽管那项计划一开始就证明是不切实际的,但是他们还是坚持要实施。
2. I could not persuade him to accept the plan, nor could I make him see its importance.我无法说服他接受这项计划,也无法使他认识到这项计划的重要性。
3. How did you manage to pack so many things into such a small suitcase?你是怎么把那么多东西塞进这个小行李箱的?
4. He is completely indifferent to what others think of him.别人对他怎么看,他全不在意。
5. May I point out that you have made a small mistake?我能否指出你犯了个小错误?
6. His mother asked him to drive slowly, but he never took any notice of her words.他母亲让他开车慢一点儿,但是他从不把她的话放在心上。
完形填空(coaching)(haditnotbeenfor)(makeit)(thanking)(promising)(session)(swear)(indifferent)(earn)(passion) (persist) (despite) (gaining) (beat) (used to)
Unit 3
选词填空(protests)(hostile)(attend)(conclude)(appropriate)(reservations)(overcome)(defy)(realistic)(amazing)汉译英1你再怎么有经验,也得学习新技术。You are never too experienced to learn new techniques.2还存在一个问题,那就是派谁去带领那里的研究工作。Thereremainsoneproblem,namely,whoshouldbesenttoheadtheresearchthere.
3.由于文化的不同,他们的关系在开始确实遇到了一些困难。Theirrelationshipdidmeetwithsomedifficultyatthebeginningbecauseof cultural differences.
4虽然他历经沉浮,但我始终相信他总有一天会成功的。Thoughhehashadupsanddowns,Ibelievedallalongthathewouldsucceedsomeday.5我对你的说法的真实性有些保留看法。I have some reservations about the truth of your claim.
6.她长得并不特别高,但是她身材瘦,给人一种个子高的错觉。She isn't particularly tall, but
her slim figure gives an illusion of5. He was attacked and sustained severe injuries from which he subsequently died.他受到袭击,身受重伤,随后不治而亡。
6. He behaved, at least on the surface, like a normal person.他的举止至少在表面上像个正常人。
版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。
发表评论